Monday, September 15, 2008

Bike Ride

It was a beautiful weekend here in Colorado. I had time to ride my bike. I got everything out of it I wanted: time out doors, time with my friend, fresh air, some cardio work, the rush of the wind through my hair and sunshine on my face. It lifted me up tremendously to enjoy God’s creation and beauty. I listened to the river and felt at peace.

Even though I didn’t have my kids with me this weekend, I knew that when they came back to me I would be more capable to adjust to the flurry of activities that they bring. As I write this, my oldest informed me that after school she had 3 activities which weren’t on the calendar! Phew. I took a deep breath and knew we could do it.

My bike ride was the chance for me to refuel and energize and put that as a deposit in my sanity bank. Yes! you can build up in that tranquility and draw upon it when it’s needed. How do you make deposits in your sanity bank? Is it doing something special for a friend and not taking credit? Eating a healthy meal? Drinking water? Praying? Think of at least one good thing that you can do TODAY to make a deposit and go out and do it!

In wellness,

Peggy the Come Back Coach

No comments: